You get sober and you want to stay sober, but your sobriety keeps getting tested by cravings, triggers, and big emotions. This course will teach you why this happens and what to do about it, so your emotions are not at the mercy of everyone and everything around you. Let me help you take your power back.
Do You Struggle With Triggers, Cravings and Overwhelming Emotions?
Getting sober is just the beginning, and it doesn't magically fix your life. Getting sober allows you to finally work on things and move through them.
Drinking is like pressing the pause button on your life, but everyone and everything is moving forward without you. Your problems continue to escalate, and you become less and less able to deal with them.
We don't become problem drinkers because we are experts at handling emotions, and if you never learn how to deal with stress and negative emotions, then you will have a life full of triggers and cravings for alcohol.
Learning to self-regulate and be aware of how you are feeling and why is like creating a forcefield around your life. You have the power to choose what you let into your heart and what you don't. You have the power to choose how you feel and behave.
That is the goal of this course, to encourage you and teach you how to take your power back.
- The 5 components of emotional intelligence (2:49)
- Tip 1 (self-awareness) (2:15)
- Tip 2 (self-regulation) (1:00)
- Tip 3 (social skills) (1:00)
- Tip 4 (self-awareness and self-regulation) (2:04)
- Tip 5 (social skills) (0:48)
- Tip 6 (empathy) (1:06)
- Tip 7 (social skills) (0:29)
- Tip 8 (social skills) (1:02)
- Tip 9 (self-regulation) (1:12)
- Tip 10 (social skills and self-awareness) (1:48)
- Tip 11 (internal motivation) (0:59)
- Tip 12 (internal motivation and self-regulation) (1:14)
- Tip 13 (self-awareness and self-regulation) (2:11)
- Tip 14 (self-awareness and self-regulation) (0:53)
- Tip 15 (self-awareness) (0:58)
- Tip 16 (self-awareness and social skills) (1:03)
- Tip 17 (internal motivation, self-regulation, self-awareness) (3:48)
- Tip 18 (self-regulation) (2:22)
- Tip 19 (internal motivation and self-awareness) (3:22)
- Tip 20 (self-awareness, self-regulation, social skills, empathy) (3:55)
- How can you get started on developing these skills? (3:48)
- The hardest part: recognizing other people's emotions (2:23)
- Analyze and reflect: who do you want to be? (4:45)
- Avoid blowing up at other people (2:08)
- Handling triggers (2:54)
- Developing self-efficacy (2:26)
- How to actually sit with your emotions without losing your mind (5:22)
- You need to create a life you love to live (3:29)
Hi, I'm Gill
and developing my emotional sobriety has been the key to living a life free of alcohol
As a teen and young adult I was an angry, overwhelmed, easily offended person. I had no control over my own emotions and things would set me off to the point where I didn't feel that I could survive another moment feeling the way I felt. Naturally, as an emotionally reactive person I turned to self-destructive methods of reducing the overwhelm like binge eating and drinking.
The first time I got sober for 90 days I spent the whole time angry, overwhelmed, and constantly on edge. It wasn't until I got sober for good that I was able to learn how to control myself. The overwhelm I was feeling was coming from inside of me and my inability to handle anything.
Now, I live a sober life with minimal triggers and free of cravings for alcohol. I created Take Your Power Back because I'd like to help you be free too.
- Work at your own pace. There are 7 modules with 41 video lessons available to you. You will have 90 days to complete the course from the time you purchase it.
- PDF guides are available for each module. There is a lot of information covered in this course, but don't stress about note taking. The pdfs are yours to keep forever.
- You do not need to be sober to benefit from this course. I began my emotional sobriety journey while I was still struggling with my drinking. You can begin the journey without being secure in your sobriety yet. Who knows, this may even give you some perspective on why never drinking again is a good choice for you.
- Each lesson is a video, not a voiceover with slides.
- If you are unhappy with the course I offer a 30 day guarantee. I hope that this would never happen, but if you are truly unhappy with the course I will refund your payment within 30 days of purchase.